Do you often find yourself spending way too much time planning, overthinking, daydreaming, getting frustrated? Isn’t it draining to think negative thoughts all the time? Doesn’t it also increase your stress, anxiety, and depression at the same time? How to combat all these together? Here’s a way that you can do this and also simultaneously achieve your goals. Try practicing mindful meditations as they help you to divert your attention from all the negativity and help you focus your energy on things that matter.
What Is Mindful Valley Meditation?
Mindful meditation encompasses techniques through which you can focus on being acutely aware of whatever you’re feeling and sensing at the moment without any sort of judgment on it. It involves certain breathing techniques, visualizing imagery, and other practices that help the body and mind to relax while reducing your stress. There’s overwhelming evidence supporting the fact that mindfulness meditation helps with stress, pain, anxiety, insomnia, depression, and high blood pressure or hypertension. It can also help people who suffer from Asthma and fibromyalgia. It can also help you to focus on your work, thus reducing the chances of burnout and improving your work quality by miles.
What Are Some Mindfulness Exercises?
Mindfulness can be achieved through some very simple exercises. Listed below are a few of the ways by which you can do exactly that:
1) Body Scan Meditation: Start with lying down on your back and keep your arms and legs extended at the sides with your palms facing upwards. Focus your attention from your toe to head and head to toe in order. Try to be aware of all the emotions and thoughts while not judging anything that goes through your head.
2) Sitting Meditation: Start with sitting comfortably on the floor with your back straight. Keep your feet flat on the floor and your hands in your lap. While breathing, focus on the breath moving in and out of your body.
3) Walking Meditation: First of all, start by finding a quiet place where no one can disturb you. Start walking slowly and focus on your walk. Be aware of the sensations and thoughts going through your body. When you reach the end of the path, turn around and continue walking while maintaining awareness.
4) Try To Pay Attention To Your Surroundings: In today’s fast world, paying attention to your surroundings is particularly tough. While acknowledging that, try to take notice and experience your environment in everything you do by engaging your all five senses. It definitely makes the experience tenfold better!
5) Live In The Moment: Try not to overthink all the time and miss what’s happening with you right now. Try to find happiness with the small things you do and accept your shortcomings, and celebrate even the small achievements.
6) Try To Accept Yourself As You Are: Mindfulness begins with you. Think about all the times that you have accepted a friend with their quirks and try to treat yourself in the same way.
7) Focus On Your Breathing: Every time you catch yourself thinking negatively, sit down, close your eyes and take a deep breath. Focus on the gusts as they leave in and out of your body. Hold this position for a minute, and you’ll surely feel a lot better.